Protected Disclosures in the Public Sector
This online Protected Disclosures in the Public Sector course will explain the protective legal framework for protected disclosures in Ireland.
What you'll learn
Introduces the topic of whistleblowing and the importance of raising genuine concerns
Outlines the circumstances under which employees are protected as whistleblowers
This course covers
What is Whistleblowing?
- What is “whistleblowing”?
- Why is it important?
- Why do whistleblowers need protection?
Whistleblowing: Protected Disclosures
- Who can make a Protected Disclosure?
- What is a Protected Disclosure?
- Stepped Procedure for Disclosure
Obligations on Public Service Employers
- Annual Reports
Whistleblower Protections for Protected Disclosures
- Protection from Dismissal
- Protection from Penalisation
- Tort Action for suffering Detriment
- Protection from Civil Liability
- Protection from Criminal Liability
Whistleblowing – Special Cases
- Law Enforcement
- Security, Defence, International Relations and Intelligence
- Amendments of Garda Síochána Act 2005
- Amendment of Ombudsman (Defence Forces) Act 2004
Incentives and Disincentives
- Mandatory Reporting