Cyber Security Course
This Online Cyber Security course explains the risks to information security that Employees may encounter when online, and how to guard against them.
What you'll learn
Understand what is meant by cyber security and who is at risk from security threats.
Be aware of the different types of cyber attacks that organisations and individuals may experience.
Understand the internal and external threats to information security and how to manage the organisational vulnerabilities to these threats.
Know how to improve information security.
Understand the cyber security measures that you should have in place and what action you must take if confidential information is lost or stolen.
This course covers
Cyber Security Basics
- Why security is important
- Terminology explained
- Multi-layer security and you
- Malicious sites – what to look for
- Software updates (patching) and why it’s important
- Securing your own device
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- What to do if your device goes missing
Real World Examples
- Hong Kong electoral office
- Anthem Healthcare Insurance
- Australian Immigration Department
- US Government’s Personnel Management Agency
- Swedish Transport Agency
- NHS Ransomware attack
- LinkedIn Password hack
- Importance of Password Security
- 20 most common passwords – is yours on the list?
- Examples of how passwords get cracked
- Methods to create secure passwords
- How to use a password manager
- Malicious emails
- Being aware of attachments and links
Best practices for Remote Working
- Multi-factor Authentication
- Backing up your data
- Security Checklist
Fully online course with no time limits. Multiple online assessment attempts allowed.
Course and Assessment created and approved by a QQI Level 6 Fully Certified Expert Trainer.
Course and Assessment should be completed every 2 years as per industry best practice.
All Courses in this Program
Get compliance training that works.
fit2trade’s online compliance training programs make learning easy for employees and less work for HR and training managers.