Anti-Money Laundering Course
This Anti-Money Laundering course aims to help businesses understand what money laundering is, how it can be recognised, what the law requires, and how it can be prevented through vigilant business practices.
What you'll learn
Understand what constitutes money laundering and counter-terror financing, and understand their impact on business and the economy.
Have knowledge of the legal position and offences which fall underneath the anti-money laundering umbrella.
Understand how the law, in relation to financial crime, impacts upon the work you carry out in terms of procedures and responsibilities.
Know how to fulfil your responsibilities in respect of anti-money laundering and counter-terror financing
This course covers
What is Money Laundering
- The 2010 regulation
- Types of financial crime
- Stages of money laundering
- Key indicators of money laundering
Know your customer
- What is customer due diligence
- Due diligence obligations
- Failure to comply
- Special provisions for financial institutions
Criminal Justice acts
- Criminal offences
- Secondary liability
- Designated persons
- Who is subject to AML rules
- Legislative requirements
- Reporting of suspicious transactions
- Internal reporting procedures
- Keeping records
- The role of the money laundering reporting officer
Fully online course with no time limits. Multiple online assessment attempts allowed.
Course and Assessment created and approved by a QQI Level 6 Fully Certified Expert Trainer.
Course and Assessment should be completed every 2 years as per industry best practice.